CITY OF OPELIKA
NOTICE OF PLANNING COMMISSION MEETING AND PUBLIC HEARINGS
TO: RESIDENTS AND PROPERTY OWNERS OF THE CITY OF OPELIKA AND ALL OTHER INTERESTED CITIZENS
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Planning Commission of the City of Opelika, Alabama will hold a regular meeting and will be conducting public hearings on Tuesday,
November 20, 2018 at 3:00 p.m. in the Commission Chambers in the Public Works Administrative Building located at 700 Fox Trail, Opelika, Alabama. The purpose of the public hearings is to receive public comment on the following:
1. A public hearing on a request by John C. Beard, authorized representative for William S. Beard Sr., property owner, for preliminary and final plat approval of the John Beard,
William Beard, Jr. subdivision consisting of 2 lots accessed at 8370 Highway 29 North.
2. A public hearing on a request by Joshua Howard, authorized representative for Bobby & Shirlene Parker and Michael & Jacqueline Brown, property owners, for preliminary and final plat approval of the Michael C. Brown and Jacqueline M. Brown subdivision, consisting of 2 lots at 1390 Lee Road 166.
3. A public hearing on a request by James L. McCrory, authorized representative for HWS, LLC, property owner, for preliminary and final plat approval of Winding Creek Acres subdivision consisting of 2 lots accessed at 601 Lee Road 0148.
4. A public hearing on a request by Al Keeler, authorized representative for ALDI, Inc., for preliminary and final plat approval of the Redivision of Lot 1 Center Point Subdivision,
First Revision, First Addition, consisting of 2 lots at 2400 Frederick Road.
5. A public hearing on a request by Blake Rice, authorized representative for 280 Land Company, LLC for preliminary plat approval of the Hidden Lakes subdivision consisting
of 190 lots accessed at 1520 West Point Parkway.
6. A public hearing on a request by Goodwyn, Mills and Cawood, Inc., authorized representative for the Retirement Systems of Alabama for preliminary plat approval of the National Village Plat GV subdivision consisting of 3 lots accessed at 3000 block Robert Trent Jones Trail.
7. A request by Dino McDowell, authorized representative for D.H. McDowell Family, LLLP, property owner, for final plat approval of The Reserve at Wyndham Gates
subdivision, Phase two, consisting of 85 lots accessed from Gateway Drive.
8. A public hearing on a request by Travis Taylor, authorized representative for Stephen T. King, property owner, for conditional use approval for an automobile towing and storage business at 2001 Airport Road.
9. A public hearing on a request by Marcus D. Thomas, authorized representative for Intellivest, Inc., property owner, for conditional use approval for an automobile wash &
detailing business at 284 Columbus Parkway.
10. A public hearing on a request by Rod Goldie, authorized representative for West Fraser, Inc., property owner, for conditional use approval for a new planer mill and storage buildings at 2100 Industrial Boulevard.
11. (a) An agenda item relating to a rezoning request (see b below) concerning an amendment to the Future Land Use Map for 5 acres at 2015 Gateway Drive from institutional to light commercial if the Planning Commission votes to send a positive
recommendation to the City Council to rezone the property.
(b) A public hearing to consider a recommendation to the City Council on the request by the Foresite Group, Inc, authorized representative for Bush Properties, Inc., property
owner, to rezone 5 acres located at 2015 Gateway Drive from an I-1, GC-P zoning district to a C-2, GC-P zoning district.
All interested persons are invited to attend the meeting/public hearings and be heard. Written comments concerning the above matters may be mailed to the Planning Director at 700 Fox Trail, Opelika, Alabama 36801 at any time prior to the meeting/public hearings and may be
further submitted to the Planning Commission at the meeting/public hearings.
The Planning Commission reserves the right to modify or alter any of the proposed
amendments to the Zoning Ordinance and to make its recommendations accordingly to the City Council.
Please contact Lisa McLeod, the City’s ADA Coordinator, at 334-705-5132 at least two (2) working days prior to the meeting if you require special accommodations due to a disability.
Legal Run 11/14/2018
CITY OF OPELIKA