BY HANNAH LESTER
Want a hot dog in Auburn? A mobile food stand is coming to downtown Auburn.
Doggy Dawg Bay requested a permit from the Auburn City Council to operate a mobile pushcart on North Gay Street.
“I’d just like to say thanks for the opportunity to be downtown to sell hot dogs and sausages and anything, like cold drinks,” the owner said during Tuesday night’s city council meeting.
The owner said that she hopes to be a safe location for college students in the evenings.
“I just want to have a space for [them] to be safe,” she said.
The property is owned by the city, and is located adjacent to the Municipal Parking Deck and Lot at 125 N. Gay St.
The applicant requested use Monday through Friday from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m.
So if the lines get a bit long at other local restaurants, consider Doggy Dawg Bay, which will be serving hot dogs in the evenings during the week.
Visit the business on Facebook at www.facebook.com/profile. php?id=100086134876948
7 BREW COFFEE:
Want local coffee but only have time for a drive-thru?
The Auburn City Council approved a conditional use request for a drive-thru-only coffee shop in Auburn — 7 Brew Coffee.
The shop would be located at 1625 E. University Drive.
– The council approved a retail beer and retail table wine license for Da Foodies LLC doing business as Foodies at 1212 Gatewood Drive, Suite B1.
– The council waived residential trash collection fees for the 2023 trash amnesty March 13 through April 7, 2023.
– The council approved a contract with Barge Design Solutions to authorize Amendment 1 to Task Order 31: Auburn University Sub-Basin FY22 SSES Project for $21,000.
– The council approved a contract renewal with cSpire Business for hardware and software technical support for over $71,350.
– The council approved an agreement with Greystar Development and Construction, L.P. for use of a Tower crane for the Heart of Auburn Project at 345 S. College St.
– The council approved a contract with McMillan, Pazdan, Smith, LLC for design services for the Auburn Public Library Public Restroom ADA Improvements project for $15,750.
– The council approved the purchase of a 2023 Ford Explorer from Stivers Ford Lincoln for over $33,400 for the Public Safety Administration.
– The council approved the purchase of two 2023 Ford F250 4WD Super Crew pickup trucks from Stivers Ford Lincoln for over $113,500 for the Water Resource Management Department.
– The council approved the purchase of fencing from the Turner Fence Company for the Margie Piper Bailey Renovation Project for just over $43,000.
– The council approved a contract with Walker Consultants for the Gay Street Municipal Parking Deck Maintenance and Repairs for $39,500.
– The council approved a contract with WOW! for three years of 200 mb fiber ethernet service for the Public Safety Training Center for $25,200.
– The council accepted drainage and utility easements for Dilworth Development Inc. for property at the terminus of Farmville Lakes Drive for the Revised Farmville Lakes, Phase 7.
– The council accepted public right-of-way and public greenway easements for McWhorter Properties-Society Hill Estates LLC for property near the intersection of Society Hill Road and Moores Mill Road for the Glenwood Farm, Phase 1.
– The council accepted sidewalk, lighting, utility and temporary construction easements, along with approving compensation of over $3,600 for The Villas at Midtowne Homeowners Association Inc. for property at 1637 Annalue Drive for the Annalue Drive and East University Drive Intersection Improvements Project.
– The council approved an appointment to the Public Park and Recreation Board.
– The council approved the Severe Weather Preparedness Sales Tax Holiday to exempt certain items from sales tax from Feb. 24 through Feb. 26.
– The council amended City Code for the 2020 National Electrical Code and 2021 International Residential Code.
– The council approved a tax abatement extension for GE Aviation Auburn at 2400 Innovation Drive.
– The council approved a weed abatement for 923 Holmes Ave.
– The council approved a conditional use approval for a performance residential development for 762 North Donahue MUD at 762 N. Donahue Drive for Matt Cobb, Cobb Engineering.
– The council approved a conditional use approval – road service use for a Taco Bell at 1521 E. Glenn Ave. for Tim Manor, Tacala.