Community Articles

From the Live Well Kitchen: Power Mac and Cheese

CONTRIBUTED BY ACES AUBURN — Put a spin on the childrens' favorite meal with Live Well Alabama's Power Mac and Cheese. This twist on a classic family favorite will feed the whole family and provide a healthy comfort food when the weather drops. ADOBE STOCK PHOTO /...

Springer Resumes Season with Award-winning Production

Play-Within-A-Play Turns Chaos into Comedy CONTRIBUTED BY SPRINGER OPERA HOUSE COLUMBUS, GA — Comedy and chaos take center stage as the Springer Opera House Theater continues its 2022-23 season with “The Play That Goes Wrong.” The 1920s murder-mystery...

Jewish Life Television Adds Local Option

CONTRIBUTED BY JEWISH LIFE TELEVISION LEE COUNTY — Jewish Life Television (JLTV), the nation’s largest and most robust 24-7 English language, Jewish-themed television network, recently announced that Spectrum has made JLTV more widely available to its Columbus,...

Local Cervical Cancer Survivor Seeks to Raise Awareness

January is Cervical Cancer/Cervical Health Awareness Month. For more information, visit www.nccc-online.org/cervical-health-awareness-month/. BY KENDYL HOLLINGSWORTH KENDYLH@OPELIKAOBSERVER.COM OPELIKA — She hasn’t yet reached her 30th birthday, but Opelika resident...
Canyon Clay Company

Canyon Clay Company

By Hannah Lesterhlester@opelikaobserver.com How do you spend your free time? Isabelle Watt spends hers making polymer earrings. Polymer earrings...

read more
Compassion

Compassion

By BRADLEY ROBERTSON I have always been a feeler, a deep and wrestling feeler. And not just for myself, but for others as well. I’m beginning to...

read more