Special to the
The East Alabama Old Car Club’s 45th annual “Old Car Show” will be held May 18 from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Opelika’s USA Town Center.
Dash plaques will be awarded to the first 50 entries. Entries manufactured until 1998 will be judged during the show. Following is a full schedule, rules and procedures and trophy classes:
Schedule of Events (all based on C.S.T.)
- 8 to 11 a.m.: Registration for judging and/or displaying vehicles
- 8 to 10 a.m.: Refreshments for participants and their families
- 10 a.m.: Judging, which requires hoods and trunks open, doors unlocked and convertible tops up. Boar’s Breath Restaurant will be open and restrooms are available on-site.
- 2:30 p.m.: Trophies awarded by 2:30 p.m. or ASAP thereafter
Rules and Procedures:
- Entry fee: $20 for first entry and $5 for each additional entry.
- Dash plaques will be awarded to the first 50 registrants
- Any class with fewer than three entries may be merged into a neighboring class at the judges’ discretion
- Final classification of the entries will be decided by the judges; all decisions of the judges are final
- All vehicles must have a rated fire extinguisher (having no fire extinguisher is a three-point deduction)
- Each owner must have his own insurance (neither USA Town Center nor the EAOCC assumes any responsiblity)
A. Historic: Thru 1931
B. Model A Ford: 1928-1931
C. Vintage: 1932-1945
D. Post-War: 1946-1954
E. Classic: 1955-1966
F. Neo-Antique: 1967-1986
G. Late Model: 1987-1998
H. Sport Cars (two-seaters): through 1988
I. Foreign: thru 1988
J. Light trucks (3/4 ton and lighter): through 1988
K. Tractors and heavy trucks: through 1988
L. Unrestored: through 1988
M. Street rods: through 1948
N. Street machines: 1949-1998
O. Modified classic Chevy: 1955-1957
P. Modified trucks: through 1998
Q. EAOCC President’s Choice
R. Merchant’s Choice
S. Best of Show.
For more information, call 334-244-1158. The shopping center is located at 1220 Fox Run Ave.