Contributed by the
City of Auburn
The Auburn Public Library is pleased to announce an assortment of virtual programming for adults this fall. All programs will be held via Zoom and are free and open to the public. New program offerings include a book club, adulting classes, NaNoWriMo meet-ups, and more! See a list below:
Reader’s Review Book Club — The Reader’s Review Book Club is a book club for adults that will meet virtually so you can attend from the comfort of your own home! It meets the third Tuesday of every month at 5 p.m. and enjoys a variety of literary offerings and conversations.
• Tuesday, Nov. 17- Transcendent Kingdom by Yaa Gyasi
• Tuesday, Dec. 15- House by the Cerulean Sea by TJ Klune
• Tuesday, Jan. 19- The Sun Does Shine by Anthony Ray Hinton
• Tuesday, Feb. 16- The Wife Upstairs by Rachel Hawkins
Adulting Classes — the library is offering a variety of classes on the skills adults need to navigate the world with aplomb. Most classes are on Tuesdays at 5 p.m.
• Tuesday, Nov. 3- Meal Planning
• Tuesday, Nov. 10- Budget Basics
• Tuesday, Dec. 1- Emotional Self-Care During the Holidays
National Novel Writing Month — During the month of November, writers all over the globe take on the challenge of completing a 50,000-word novel in one month. One thing that makes this time special for writers is the opportunity to connect with other writers working toward the same goal. Join the Auburn Public Library in a series of virtual write-ins and say hello to your fellow writers!
• Sunday, Nov. 1- Kickoff Event from 2 to 4 p.m.
• Tuesday, Nov. 3- Write-In at noon
• Thursday, Nov. 5- Write-In at noon
• Tuesday, Nov. 10- Write-In at noon
• Thursday, Nov. 12- Write-In at noon
• Tuesday, Nov. 17- Write-In at noon
• Thursday, Nov. 19- Write-In at noon
• Monday, Nov. 30- Write-In at noon
USA Today Bestselling Author Jess Michaels – The Auburn Public Library is pleased to host Bestselling Historical Romance Author Jess Michaels. She is the author of more than 80 historical romance novels and will give a talk called “Write Like You Mean It: How to Write Like a Full-Time Writer, Even If You Can’t Write Full-Time.” The event will be held virtually on Zoom on Wednesday, Dec. 2 at 5 p.m.
To register for any of the programs above, check out the Auburn Public Library’s calendar or email email@example.com. All programs will be held via Zoom and are free and open to the public.