CONTRIBUTED BY THE CITY OF OPELIKA
The Opelika Workforce Council, Industrial Development Board of the city of Auburn and True Deliverance Holiness Church of Auburn are partnering to host a community job fair on Wednesday, March 15.
The job fair will take place at the newly constructed event center on the campus of True Deliverance Holiness Church, located at 936 N. Donahue Drive in Auburn. The event will have a morning session from 9 to 11 a.m. and an afternoon session from 4 to 5:30 p.m.
“We are excited about this community effort to reach potential applicants for the many great careers that are available in our area,” said Lori Huguley, director of Opelika Economic Development.
This will be the first of several joint efforts between the cities of Auburn and Opelika, along with faith-based organizations, to get connected with those not currently engaged in the workforce in neighborhoods throughout both cities. Right now, the Auburn-Opelika MSA has a workforce participation rate of approximately 56%; this event will be geared towards reaching out to the other 44% of eligible workers.
“As one of the [fastest] growing MSAs in Alabama, we are partnering with our neighboring community and the faith-based community to reach additional talent looking for great opportunities,” said Amy Brabham, workforce development director for city of Auburn Economic Development.
Twenty-nine companies will be onsite presenting job opportunities to applicants, including the following: ADS – Energy, Afni Inc., Arbor Springs Health and Rehab, Auburn City Schools, Auburn University Facilities, Baxter, Bonnie Plants, Briggs and Stratton, Car Tech LLC, city of Auburn, CoachComm, Cumberland Plastic Solutions, Donghee, East Alabama Health, Hanwha Advanced Materials America, Hanwha Cimarron, HL Mando, I-Pex Manufacturing, JoAnn Distribution Center, Leonard Peterson, Nashville Wire Products, Niagara Bottling LLC, Opelika City Schools, Pharmavite, RAPA, SCA Inc., Shinhwa Auto USA, Sodexo and Walmart Distribution Center.
There will also be several community resource partners onsite to help attendees needing assistance with common employment barriers such as available childcare, transportation and additional training. Those partners include Goodwill Career Center, Lee Russell Council of Governments, Opelika Career Center, Southern Union State Community College and United Way of Lee County.
No previous registration is required to attend this event. Resumes are encouraged but also not required.
For more information, please contact Griffin O’Connor at email@example.com.