Photo by Robert Noles/Opelika Observer
By Michelle Key
Following Gov. Kay Ivey’s announcement that restaurants can resume inside dining (with certain restrictions) the following local restaurants have announced their reopening plans:
• Acre and Bow & Arrow has elected to keep their dining rooms closed for just a bit longer. They will continue offering online ordering with curbside pickup, as well as their “Family Meals.” Reopening date TBA.
• Applebees on Opelika Road opened on Monday at 11 a.m. – Carry out and curbside pickup is still available as well
• Another Broken Egg Cafe is open with a limited menu
• Backwater BBQ – Open for business
• Baumhower’s Victory Grille Auburn is open from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Sunday to Thursday’s and 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. on Friday and Saturdays. Reservations are encouraged.
• Big Mike’s Steakhouse Auburn – Plans to reopen this week. Follow their Facebook page for the announcement of day and time
• Butcher Paper BBQ -Is keeping the dining room closed until they can reopen it at full capacity
• Cafe 123 -Will open their dining room for dinner service starting May 15. Seeing that we can only sit their establishment at half capacity, they will open the dining room at 7 p.m. and will be on a reservation only basis. On premise dining will consist of the dinner menu only.
They will continue to serve their curbside patrons with togo orders from 4 to 6:30 p.m.
• Eighth & Rail – Opening soon – Day and Time TBA
• Fratelli’s Ristorante Italiano – has decided to take a little bit more time before reopen back up their dining room. Their curbside and delivery service are still available until further notice.
• Jim Bob’s – Opened Monday
• La Cantina – Limited patio and sidewalk dining opened on May 12 and their hours will remain as Tuesday thru Saturday from 3 to 8 p.m. and their full menu and the – along with the family taco kits, fajita pasta dinners and margarita kits will continue to be available for takeout and curbside pickup.
• Jersey Mikes is open for dine-in
• Louie’s Chicken Fingers of Auburn and Opelika – Dining rooms opened on Monday and their drive thru and online ordering will continue. Hours are Monday through Saturday 10:30 a.m. to 8 p.m.
• Mama Mocha’s – will stay in their pandemic response bar set up for at least 2 weeks.
• Moe’s Southwest Grill in downtown Auburn and Tiger Town opened on Monday. Carry Out and Curbside will continue to be available. Hours are 11a.m. to 8 p.m. everyday.
• Niffer’s – all locations opened Monday at 11 a.m. and will continue their curbside and online ordering.
• O Town – Drive thru and their outdoor area will be open. Customers will be able to use the picnic tables to park and eat after receiving treats/sandwiches.
• Red Clay Brewery – Opened Monday at 11 a.m.
• Resting Pulse – opened Monday
• Susie K’s Opened Monday
• TCBY opened on Monday and will continue their online ordering, take out, curbside and delivery from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. daily.
• Zazu’s Gastropub – In-house dining reopening TBA
This is not a complete list of all the restaurants in Lee County. Patrons are advised to contact the restaurants directly or via social media to confirm opening prior to visiting.