Special to the
For the month of November, the Lee County Humane Society is in friendly competition with the Tuscaloosa Metro Animal Shelter for the winning title of the “2019 Bark Bowl Champion.”
During Bark Bowl, whichever shelter raises the most money in November will be crowned the winner, so every dollar counts. All proceeds benefit the homeless animals of Auburn and Opelika.
The local humane society has many exciting community events planned throughout November, and there’s something for everyone. Last year, Tuscaloosa Metro Animal Shelter won, and the Lee County Humane Society wants to spread the word and reclaim the Bark Bowl title.
For more information or to donate, visit www.leecountyhumane.org. The shelter is located at 1140 Ware Drive. Following is a full list of remaining events for November:
• Nov. 6 – Auburn Moe’s BBQ Benefit from 6 to 8 p.m.
• Nov. 8-10 – LCHS Facebook Silent Auction
• Nov. 9 – Opelika Petco Adoption Event “Books & Barks” at Lee County Humane Society from 3 to 4 p.m.
• Nov. 10 – Ornament painting/adoption event at Opelika Petsmart
•Nov. 12 – Barberitos Benefit – all day ornament painting/adoption event at Barberitos from 4 to 6 p.m.
• Nov. 15 and 16 – Lee County Humane Society Yard Sale
• Nov. 20 – Barks & Brews at Red Clay Brewing Company from 4 to 7 p.m.
• Nov. 21 – Mountain High and Burgerfi benefit/adoption event from 6 to 8 p.m.
• Nov. 23 – Ornament painting/adoption event at Tiger Town Petsmart
• Nov. 24 – Adoption event at the Opelika Petco from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.