By Michelle Key
The Lee County Commission voted to approve the refunding of the Series 201-A Bond Warrants in order to take advantage of changing market conditions and agreed to execute a warrant purchase agreement for Series 2019 Warrants, saving the county approximately $409,393 over the next 10 years in the process. The new series will be financed at a rate 1.98%.
In other business, the commission:
• recgonized Commissioner LaGrand for his completion of ACCA Certification
•recognize Commissioner Lawrence for his 16 years’ service as a commissioner
• received an update from Bill Hutto regarding improvements to the Auburn University Regional Airport
• received an update about the Veterans Service Office’s work from Jamie Popwell
• approved the minutes of the Aug. 26 commission meeting
• voted to ratify and approve claims and procurement card transactions from August
• voted to approve the following individuals for board appointments:
- Bill Scott – East Alabama Health Care Authority Board
- Roberta Green – Horseshoe Bend Regional Library Board
- Randy Price – Lee County Public Building Authority Board
- George Ervin – Youth Development Center Board
• approved an application for the Edward Byrne Memorial Justice Assistance Grant
• approved a special event retail license submitted by Twenty One Acres
• approved an amendment to a federal aid resolution for the resurfacing of Lee Road 243
• approved a preliminary plat for theHornet Flats Subdivision, Phase II
• approved several maintenance bids for FY2019/2020
• approved a request for $1,200 to be used for the upcoming Health and Benefits Fair
• authorized the signingf of the ACCA Safety Incentive Discount Program Verification Form.
The next commission meeting will be on Sept. 30 at 5 p.m. and will be held in the commission chambers in the courthouse. which is located at 215 S. 9th St. in Opelika.