Special to the
The City of Opelika Police Department announced several promotions and division reassignments last week.
The most notable change was the hiring of full-time Assistant Chief Kasey Brown to help assist with day-to-day operations, planning and supervision of all division activities and personnel.
“Kasey Brown is going to be a great asset as our new assistant chief. He has been with OPD for 24 years and loves this community,” said OPD Police Chief John McEachern. “All of our officers are dedicated to serving our great city. Many of these officers have been with the department for years and will have an easy transition into their new positions. I am very proud of each and every one of these employees and am honored to work alongside them.”
Following are other department changes:
– Capt. Bobby Kilgore, previously assigned to the Special Services Division, was reassigned to Uniform/Patrol Division
– Capt. Shane Healey, previously assigned to the Uniform/Patrol Division, was reassigned to the Detective/Investigative Services Division. He will also be the new Public Information Officer for OPD
– Lt. Rob Cook, previously assigned as the Administrative Lieutenant, was reassigned to the Uniform/Patrol Division
– Sgt. Ben Blackburn, previously assigned to the Training Section of the Special Services Division, was promoted to the rank of Lieutenant and will be the Administrative Lieutenant over the Special Services Division
– Officer Daniel Metivier, currently assigned to the Training Section of the Special Services Division, is promoted to the rank of Sergeant and will continue his current assigned duties
– Officer Joshua Smith, currently assigned to the Uniform/Patrol Division, was promoted to the rank of Sergeant and will continue to serve in that same division.
All of the above listed promotions and reassignments are effective immediately.
For more information, call City of Opelika Community Relations Officer Leigh G. Krehling at 334-705-5136.