BY HANNAH LESTER
The Auburn City Council approved a restaurant retail liquor ABC license for a new restaurant in town Tuesday night.
The Vintage 2298 Restaurant, LLC d/b/a Vintage 2298 will be located at 2298 E University Drive, Auburn.
The Vintage 2298 is a new development, set to contain both retail and office space, along with the retaurant, Vintage 2298.
“I would just like to welcome The Vintage to Auburn,” said Ward 3 Council Member Beth Witten.
The Vintage 2298 Chef Randall Baldwin was in attendance Tuesday night.
“Thank you Randall, we’re proud to have you,” said Auburn Mayor Ron Anders.
The Vintage 2298 held its ground breaking in May 2021. For more information on the restaurant, visit its Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Vintage2298/.
– The council approved a business license penalty request for EatHere, Inc d/b/a Niffer’s Place.
– The council approved retail beer and table wine licenses for PR Mig Auburn Poco, LLC d/b/a Towneplace Suites by Marriot Auburn.
– The council approved retail beer and retail table wine licenses for Sunny Enterprises, Inc. d/b/a Good Karma.
– The council approved a contract with American Pride Septic Services for septic system replacement at the Kiesel Park restrooms for $39,750.
– The council approved a contract with Communications International, Inc for eight Harris Portable XL-185P 700/800 MHZ radios and accessories for the Auburn Police Department for over $25,700.
– The council approved a contract with cSpire Business for Cisco Flex voice licensing and software support renewal for over $28,700 and Cisco Router Licensing upgrade for over $20,900.
– The council approved a contract with Davis Direct for open line printing for a little over $2,400 a month.
– The council approved a contract with Empire Pipe and Supply for the purchase of 5,580 linear feet of 8-inch ductile iron water main pipe for over $163,800.
– The council approved a contract with Inline Electric Supply Co. for the purchase of traffic signal poles and mast arms as part of the Annalue Drive and East University Drive Intersection Improvement project for more than $101,100.
– The council approved a contract with Melton Construction and Masonry LLC for the Downtown Compactor Enclosure project for $43,000.
– The council approved a contract with ProLogic ITS LLC for the purchase of 10 marked and three unmarked police vehicles for more than $128,600.
– The council approved a contract with Southern Software, Inc for the annual renewal of the customer support fee for the Mobile Data Information Systems for the Auburn Police Department for more than $20,000.
– The council approved a contract with Temple, Inc for the purchase of traffic maintenance supplies for more than $104,500.
– The council approved drainage and utility easements for The Parmer Group, LLC for property at 386 Sanders St.
– The council approved a gas line easement for Spire Alabama Inc. for the new Environmental Services and Public Works Facility.
– The council approved a board appointment to the Indian Pines Recreation Authority.
– The council approved a board appointment to the Lee County Youth Development Center Board of Directors.