CITY OF OPELIKA
NOTICE OF PLANNING COMMISSION MEETING AND PUBLIC HEARINGS
TO: RESIDENTS AND PROPERTY OWNERS OF THE CITY OF OPELIKA AND ALL OTHER INTERESTED CITIZENS
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Planning Commission of the City of Opelika, Alabama will hold a regular meeting and will be conducting public hearings on Tuesday, November 22, 2016 at 3:00 p.m. in the Commission Chambers in the Public Works Administrative Building located at 700 Fox Trail, Opelika, Alabama. The purpose of the public hearings is to receive public comment on the following:
1. A public hearing on a request by Huey Strickland, property owner, for preliminary and final plat approval of Hollingsworth subdivision consisting of 2 lots located at 8484 Lee Road 146.
2. A public hearing on a request by Mike Maher, authorized representative for Steven Corbett, property owner, for preliminary and final plat approval of Corbett subdivision consisting of 2 lots accessed from Lee Road 260.
3. A public hearing on a request by James McCrory, authorized representative for Opelika Housing Development, Inc., property owner, for preliminary and final plat approval of Raintree Housing Development subdivision consisting of 7 lots accessed from Raintree Street and Fruitwood Circle.
4. A public hearing on a request from James McCrory, authorized representative for Lum Duke Searcy, property owner, for preliminary and final plat approval of Totten’s Official Real Estate Map subdivision, Subdivide Lot 3G & 4A, consisting of 2 lots accessed from South Railroad Avenue.
5. A public hearing on a request by Brandon Bolt, authorized representative for Catarang Properties LLC, property owner, for preliminary plat approval of Northbrook subdivision, Phase 5 consisting of 45 lots accessed from Northbrook Drive.
6. Sentinel Hills subdivision, Phase 2, Final Plat Approval, Lee Road 177
7. A public hearing on a request by Dave King, property owner of King Automobiles, Inc., for conditional use approval of proposed elevations for the new King Honda Auto dealership at 2330 Birmingham Highway.
8. A public hearing on a request by Betsy Story, authorized representative for Sprayberry Real Estate Partners LTD, property owner, for conditional use approval for a packaging & storage of products prepared for delivery business at 3306 Pepperell Parkway.
9. A public hearing on a request from Rodney Goldie, authorized representative for West Fraser, Inc., property owner, for a conditional use permit to construct an addition to West Fraser Mill located at 2100 Industrial Blvd.
10. A public hearing on a request from Matt Dahlauser, authorized representative for DAHLCO Real Estate, property owner, for a conditional use approval for proposed elevations for Dollar Tree renovations at 501 2nd Avenue.
11. A public hearing, tabled at the October 25th meeting, to consider a recommendation to the City Council on proposed zoning text amendments, in brief, as follows: Amend Section 6.4 Purpose and Intent of Zoning District and add new zoning district Section 8.18.2 “Planned Public Housing District”. A synopsis of Amendments: The Planned Public Housing (PPH) District is intended to accommodate the mixed income redevelopment of Opelika Housing Authority properties. The PPH District will regulate the total number of residential units based on income levels to ensure that all new development in the district provides a mixture of affordable and market rate residential units. It is the intention of this district to be applied only on properties owned by the Opelika Housing Authority as a tool for guiding mixed-income redevelopment of older properties and buildings.
12. The following “Other Business” item: Vacation of Plat – Sandra Wood SD, Lee Road 117, Planning Jurisdiction
All interested persons are invited to attend the meeting/public hearings and be heard. Written comments concerning the above matters may be mailed to the Planning Director at 700 Fox Trail, Opelika, Alabama 36801 at any time prior to the meeting/public hearings and may be further submitted to the Planning Commission at the meeting/public hearings.
The Planning Commission reserves the right to modify or alter any of the proposed amendments to the Zoning Ordinance and to make its recommendations accordingly to the City Council.
Please contact Lisa McLeod, the City’s ADA Coordinator, at 334-705-5132 at least two (2) working days prior to the meeting if you require special accommodations due to a disability.
Legal run 11/9/16