By Morgan Bryce
In advance of the holiday season, the City of Opelika Planning Commission announced during their meeting Tuesday that they will combine work sessions and meetings for Nov. 22 and Dec. 20.
In other business during their meeting Tuesday, the commission:
– Approved a preliminary and final plat for three lots in the Sims-Cofield Property Exchange SD, located at Lee Road 260
– Approved a preliminary and final plat for two lots in the Parker Hills SD, located at 910 Lee Road 166
– Approved a preliminary and final plat for the re-subdivision of two lots in lot 5-D of the Tigertown SD
– Approved a preliminary and final plat for a replat of lot 1 and 2 at 212 Morris Ave.
– Approved a preliminary and final plat for two lots in the Elna M. Brown SD, located at 14 N. 8th St.
– Granted conditional preliminary and final plat approval for a condominium plat containing seven lots within the Highland Business Park SD, located at 1313 Shannon Court
– Granted final plat approval for 47 lots in Phase 1 of the Springs at Mill Lakes SD, located at 2901 Birmingham Highway
– Granted final plat approval for 11 lots in Phase 2 of the Springs at Mill Lakes SD, located at 2901 Birmingham Highway
– Denied final plat approval for 20 lots in the Sentinel Hills SD, located on Lee Road 177
– Ratified an administrative plat for two lots located in the Steven W. Corbett SD on Lee Road 260
– Granted a conditional use request to the owner of the office building at 3306 Pepperell Parkway
– Ruled that new curb and guttering replace the historic curbing found on 507 Geneva St., in continuance with the city’s policy on uniform curbing
– Amended language on a city ordinance pertaining to the definition of a ‘truck stop’
– Tabled discussion on amending and adding new zoning districts
– Approved a minor change in the Master Plan for the Wyndham Master Plan for 2950 Wyndham Industrial Blvd.