CITY OF OPELIKA
NOTICE OF PLANNING COMMISSION MEETING AND PUBLIC HEARINGS TO: RESIDENTS AND PROPERTY OWNERS OF THE CITY OF OPELIKA AND ALL OTHER INTERESTED CITIZENS
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Planning Commission of the City of Opelika, Alabama will hold a regular meeting and will be conducting public hearings on Tuesday, January 23, 2018 at 3:00 p.m. in the Commission Chambers in the Public Works Administrative Building located at 700 Fox Trail, Opelika, Alabama. The purpose of the public hearings is to receive public comment on the following:
1. A public hearing on a request by Blake Rice, authorized representative for Plainsmen Development, Inc., property owner, for preliminary plat approval of the Foxchase on Emerald Lake SD, Phase IV consisting of 74 lots accessed at 700 block of Ski Spray Point. (Tabled at December 19 th Planning Commission meeting)
2. A public hearing on a request by John W. Rice, authorized representative for Joe J. Jeffcoat, property owner, for preliminary and final plat approval of Jeffcoat subdivision
consisting of one lot accessed at the1700 block of Corporate Drive.
3. A public hearing on a request by James D. Miller, authorized representative for Owen Wesley, Rachel Baker, James T. Newsome and Johnny R. Martin, property owners, for preliminary and final plat approval of James Newsome subdivision, First Revision consisting of 3 lots at 659 Lee Road 742.
4. A public hearing request by Jim McCrory, McCrory Surveying Company, Inc., authorized representative for Daniel J. Collier, property owner, for preliminary and final plat approval
of White Oak Estates, Revision of Lots 10 & 11 at 122 Lee Road 989.
5. A public hearing on a request by Gregory C. Jones, property owner, for conditional use approval for a work skill training program provided by New Vision Outreach, a non-profit organization, at 714 Orchard Avenue.
6. A public hearing on a request by Clay Cardone, property owner, for conditional use
approval for a climate control self-storage mini-warehouse facility at 3008 Frederick Road.
7. An agenda item to consider a recommendation to the City Council on the request by
Diann L. Bowman, property owner, to annex 12 acres into the City limits located at
4923 Highway 51 (Marvyn Parkway). Zoning request- R-1
All interested persons are invited to attend the meeting/public hearings and be heard. Written comments concerning the above matters may be mailed to the Planning Director at 700 Fox Trail, Opelika, Alabama 36801 at any time prior to the meeting/public hearings and may be further submitted to the Planning Commission at the meeting/public hearings.
The Planning Commission reserves the right to modify or alter any of the proposed
amendments to the Zoning Ordinance and to make its recommendations accordingly to the City Council.
Please contact Lisa McLeod, the City’s ADA Coordinator, at 334-705- 5132 at least two
(2) working days prior to the meeting if you require special accommodations due to a disability.
Legal Run 01/10/2018
CITY OF OPELIKA