NOTICE OF PLANNING COMMISSION MEETING AND PUBLIC HEARINGS
TO: RESIDENTS AND PROPERTY OWNERS OF THE CITY OF OPELIKA AND ALL OTHER INTERESTED CITIZENS
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Planning Commission of the City of Opelika,VAlabama will hold a regular meeting and will be conducting public hearings on Tuesday, June 25, 2019 at 3:00 p.m. in the Commission Chambers in the Public Works Administrative Building
located at 700 Fox Trail, Opelika, Alabama. A Planning Commission work session begins at 2:40
PM. The purpose of the public hearings is to receive public comment on the following:
- A public hearing on a request by Brian Lee, authorized representative for Somerset Airpark, LLC, property owner, for preliminary and final plat approval of the Somerset
subdivision consisting of 12 lots at 514 Lee Road 174.
- A public hearing on a request by Blake Rice, authorized representative for Gulf South Development Group, LLC, property owners, for preliminary and final plat approval of the Eagle Ridge Townhomes subdivision consisting of 15 lots at the intersection of Veterans
Parkway & Academy Drive.
- A public hearing on a request by Blake Rice, authorized representative for Auburn Equities, LLC, property owner, for preliminary and final plat approval of the Falcon Pepperell Parkway Phase 1 subdivision consisting of 3 lots at 2810 Pepperell Parkway. (Tabled at May 28th Planning Commission meeting.)
- A public hearing on a request by R&S Properties, LLC, property owner, for preliminary plat approval of the Waverly Park Parcel D subdivision consisting of 41 lots located Northeast of 701 Waverly Place.
- A request by Blake Rice, authorized representative for Plainsman Development, Inc., property owner, for final plat approval Foxchase on Emerald Lake Phase 4b subdivision consisting of 34 lots accessed from Ski Spray Point.
- A request by Mike Maher, authorized representative for Goodwin, Mills & Cawood for the Retirement Systems of Alabama, property owner, for final plat approval of the National
Village Phase GV subdivision consisting of 3 lots accessed at the 3000 block Robert Trent Jones Trail. (Tabled at May 28th Planning Commission meeting.)
- A public hearing on a request by Envision Opelika, authorized representative of the City of Opelika, property owner, for conditional use approval for a pre-kindergarten school located at 1032 South Railroad Avenue.
- A public hearing on a request by Todd Pearson, authorized representative for Cimmaron Land & Development Company, LLC, property owner, for conditional use approval for Storage/Distribution of sporting goods located at 1325 Shannon Court, Unit D.
- A public hearing on a request by Allison Johnson, authorized representative for Mike Thrower, property owner, for conditional use approval for a child daycare center at 809 2nd Avenue.
- A public hearing to consider a recommendation to the City Council on a rezoning request by Jason A. Forbus, authorized representative for Broad Metro, LLC, property owner, Will Kadish, manager, to rezone 32.45 acres accessed at 2899 Gateway Drive from a C-2, GC-P
zone to a PUD zoning district.
All interested persons are invited to attend the meeting/public hearings and be heard. Written comments concerning the above matters may be mailed to the Planning Director at 700 Fox Trail, Opelika, Alabama 36801 at any time prior to the meeting/public hearings and may be further submitted to the Planning Commission at the meeting/public hearings.
The Planning Commission reserves the right to modify or alter any of the proposed amendments to the Zoning Ordinance and to make its recommendations accordingly to the City Council.
Please contact Kevin Rice, the City’s ADA Coordinator, at 334-705-5132 at least two (2) working days prior to the meeting if you require special accommodations due to a disability.
LEGAL RUN 6/12/2019