CITY OF OPELIKA
NOTICE OF PLANNING COMMISSION MEETING AND PUBLIC HEARINGS
TO: RESIDENTS AND PROPERTY OWNERS OF THE CITY OF OPELIKA AND ALL OTHER INTERESTED CITIZENS
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Planning Commission of the City of Opelika, Alabama will hold a regular meeting and will be conducting public hearings on Tuesday, April 23, 2019 at 3:00 p.m. in the Commission Chambers in the Public Works Administrative
Building located at 700 Fox Trail, Opelika, Alabama. The purpose of the public hearings is to receive public comment on the following:
- A public hearing on a request by James McCrory, authorized representative for
Weyerhaeuser Company, property owner, for preliminary and final plat approval of the Weyerhaeuser Phelps Creek subdivision consisting of 2 lots accessed at Lee Road 151 & Lee Road 148.
- A public hearing on a request by James McCrory, authorized representative for Prince T, Dumas, property owner, for preliminary and final plat approval of the Rocky Ridge II, Redivision of Parcel 1 subdivision consisting of 3 lots accessed at Lee Road 155.
- A public hearing on a request by Mike Maher, authorized representative for Stephen Love, property owner, for preliminary and final plat approval of the Grant Survey Block 72 subdivision, Redivision of Part of Lot 1 and Lot 2A consisting of 1 lot at 501 North 10th Street.
- A public hearing on a request by Blake Rice, authorized representative for Southeast Investments, LLC, property owner, for preliminary and final plat approval of the Southeast Investments Geneva Street subdivision, A Redivision of Lots 9 to 13, Block 225 of Totten’s Official Real Estate consisting of 3 lots at 904 Geneva Street.
- A public hearing on a request by James Booth, authorized representative for Somerset Airpark, LLC, property owner, for preliminary plat approval of the Somerset, Revision of
Parcels 13, 14 and 15 subdivision consisting of 13 lots at 514 Lee Road 174.
- A public hearing on a request by Blake Rice, authorized representative of Southeast Investments, LLC, property owner, for conditional use approval for retail, office, warehouse, and light manufacturing type land uses located at 904 Geneva Street.
- A public hearing to consider a recommendation to the City Council on the request by the Opelika Planning Commission for the City of Opelika, property owner, to rezone 2 acres located at the 2400 block of Dunlop Road from an R-5 zoning district to a C-2 zoning district.
- The following other agenda item is included for review at the April 23rd Planning
a. Amendment to the Future Land Use Map at the 2400 block of Dunlop Road, 2 acres, from high density residential land use to office-retail commercial.
All interested persons are invited to attend the meeting/public hearings and be heard. Writtencomments concerning the above matters may be mailed to the
Planning Director at
700 Fox Trail,
Opelika, Alabama 36801
at any time prior to the meeting/public hearings and may be further submitted to the Planning Commission at the meeting/public hearings.
The Planning Commission reserves the right to modify or alter any of the proposed
amendments to the Zoning Ordinance and to make its recommendations accordingly to the City Council.
Please contact Lisa McLeod, the City’s ADA Coordinator, at 334-705-5132 at least two (2) working days prior to the meeting if you require special accommodations due to a disability.
Legal Run 4/10/19