CITY OF OPELIKA
NOTICE OF PLANNING COMMISSION MEETING AND PUBLIC HEARINGS
TO: RESIDENTS AND PROPERTY OWNERS OF THE CITY OF OPELIKA AND ALL OTHER INTERESTED CITIZENS
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Planning Commission of the City of Opelika, Alabama will hold a regular meeting and will be conducting public hearings on Tuesday , January 22, 2019 at 3:00 p.m. in the Commission Chambers in the Public Works Administrative
Building located at 700 Fox Trail, Opelika, Alabama. The purpose of the public hearings is to receive public comment on the following:
- A public hearing on a request by D. Nathan McBride, authorized representative for
Weyerhaeuser Company, property owner, for preliminary and final plat approval of the Spring Villa Replat on Lee Road 151 subdivision consisting of 2 lots at the 2500 block of Lee Road 151.
- A public hearing on a request by S. Parker Ross, Foresite Group, Inc., authorized representative for Bush Properties, Inc., property owner, for preliminary and final plat approval of the Bush Properties Plat No. 1 subdivision consisting of 2 lots accessed at 2015 Gateway Drive.
- A public hearing on a request by James L. McCrory, authorized representative for Sandra Hilyer and Robert Barlow, property owners, for preliminary and final plat approval of the Hilyer-Barlow subdivision consisting of 2 lots accessed at 2448 Lee Road 166.
- A request by Blake Rice, authorized representative for Broadview Properties Family, LP, property owner, for final plat approval of The Estates Subdivision, Phase 2, consisting of 53 lots accessed from Hampstead Lane.
- A public hearing on a request by Thad Endicott, authorized representative for Dyas L&M Properties, property owner, for conditional use approval for a new church (Heritage
Baptist) at the 1400 block of South Fox Run Parkway.
- The following agenda items to vacate right-of-way is included for review at the January 22nd Planning Commission meeting; the Planning Commission provides a
recommendation to City Council for each of these items.
a. A petition requesting the City Council to vacate a southwest portion of Sportsplex Parkway right-of-way at the corner of West Point Parkway & Sportsplex Parkway for Awesome LLC, property owner.
b. A petition requesting the City Council to vacate a southwest portion of Sportsplex Parkway right-of-way at the corner of West Point Parkway & Sportsplex Parkway for William M. Morgan & Robert D. Boothe, property owners.
c. A petition requesting the City Council to vacate a southwest portion of Sportsplex Parkway right-of-way at the corner of West Point Parkway & Sportsplex Parkway for Paek Inwoo, property owner.
- The following agenda item is included as “Other Business” at the January 22nd Planning Commission meeting:
(a) Discuss continuing Planning Commission work sessions meetings.
All interested persons are invited to attend the meeting/public hearings and be heard. Written comments concerning the above matters may be mailed to the Planning Director at 700 Fox Trail, Opelika, Alabama 36801 at any time prior to the meeting/public hearings and may be further submitted to the Planning Commission at the meeting/public hearings.
The Planning Commission reserves the right to modify or alter any of the proposed
amendments to the Zoning Ordinance and to make its recommendations accordingly to the City Council.
Please contact Lisa McLeod, the City’s ADA Coordinator, at 334-705-5132 at least two
(2) working days prior to the meeting if you require special accommodations due to a disability.
Legal Run 01/09/2019
FOR LEGAL PUBLICATION
Case No. 2018-C-106
NOTICE TO CREDITORS
The State of Alabama, Lee County Probate Court
Estate of Robert Hughes Mount, Deceased
Letters of Administration having been granted to the undersigned on the 11th day of December, 2018, by the Honorable Bill English, Judge of the Probate Court of Lee County, Alabama, notice is hereby given that all persons having claims against said Estate are required to file an itemized and verified statement of such claim in the office of the said Judge of Probate within six months from above date, or said claim will be barred and payment prohibited.
C. Burton Dunn
Legal Run 01/09/19, 01/16/19 & 01/23/19
IN THE PROBATE COURT OF LEE COUNTY, ALABAMA
IN RE: THE ESTATE OF RALPH HADEN POWELL, Deceased. CASE NO. 2018-A-070
NOTICE OF HEARING TO APPROVE FINAL SETTLEMENT OF ESTATE
Notice is hereby given that a hearing on a Petition for Hearing for Final Settlement of the Estate of Ralph Haden Powell has been set for the 7th day of February, 2019 at 10:00 a.m. central tme in the Probate Court, Lee County Courthouse, 215 South 9th Street, Opelika, Alabama. Should you intend to contest this settlement of this Estate, you must appear on the date of the hearing sas set above. Bill English, Judge of Probate, Lee County, Alabama.
Legal run 01/09/19, 01/16/19, & 01/23/19