CITY OF OPELIKA
NOTICE OF PLANNING COMMISSION MEETING AND PUBLIC HEARINGS
TO: RESIDENTS AND PROPERTY OWNERS OF THE CITY OF OPELIKA AND ALL OTHER INTERESTED CITIZENS NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Planning Commission of the City of Opelika, Alabama will hold a regular meeting and will be conducting public hearings on Tuesday, August 28, 2018 at 3:00 p.m. in the Commission Chambers in the Public Works Administrative Building located at 700 Fox Trail, Opelika, Alabama. The purpose of the public hearings is to receive public comment on the following:
1. A public hearing on a request by Richard Patton, property owners, for preliminary and final plat approval of the Southside Opelika, Phase 1, Redivision of Lots 3, 4, and 5 subdivision consisting of 4 lots accessed at 501 South 8 th Street.
2. A public hearing on a request by Joshua Howard, authorized representative for WIKA Holdings, LLC, property owner, for preliminary and final plat approval of the Pride of Pepperell, Phase 1, Revision of Lot 1C subdivision, consisting of 1 lot at 2195 First Avenue.
3. A public hearing on a request by Pace Burt, property owner, for preliminary and final plat approval of The Estates subdivision, Second Revision, consisting of 3 lots accessed at 4150 Academy Drive.
4. A public hearing on a request by Arthur Nettles, authorized representative for Sam Price, CEO of East Alabama Medical Center, for preliminary and final plat approval of the Village Professional Park, Redivision of Lot 2-B subdivision, consisting of 3 lots at 2500-2600 Village Professional Drive.
5. A public hearing on a request by Arthur Nettles, authorized representative for Chul Kim, CEO of Car Tech, for preliminary and final plat approval of the Crooked Creek Industrial
Park, Redivision of Lot 2-A-1 subdivision consisting of 2 lots at 600 Car Tech Drive.
6. A public hearing on a request by Arthur Nettles, authorized representative for Mary E. Page, property owner, for preliminary and final plat approval of the LLC Subdivision, Second Revision, consisting of 1 lots at 2501-2327 Lee Road 183.
7. A public hearing on a request by Josh Hallmark for conditional use approval for a church/private school at 2201 Executive Park Drive.
8. A public hearing on a request to amend the text of the Wyndham PUD Master Plan to allow the following land uses at 3150 Wyndham Industrial Drive (northwest corner of the intersection of Wyndham Industrial Drive and Gateway Drive): Commercial-retail inside
a fully enclosed building and retail with display of goods outside, truck and tractor sales, commercial greenhouse with on premise sales, restaurant-standard, indoor fitness center, and day care center.
9. An agenda item to consider a recommendation to the City Council on the request by James Duane Small, property owner, to annex 13.9 acres into the City limits located at 465 Lee Road 174. Zoning request, R-1.
All interested persons are invited to attend the meeting/public hearings and be heard. Written comments concerning the above matters may be mailed to the Planning Director at 700 Fox Trail, Opelika, Alabama 36801 at any time prior to the meeting/public hearings and may be further submitted to the Planning Commission at the meeting/public hearings.
The Planning Commission reserves the right to modify or alter any of the proposed
amendments to the Zoning Ordinance and to make its recommendations accordingly to the City Council.
Please contact Lisa McLeod, the City’s ADA Coordinator, at 334-705-5132 at least two (2) working days prior to the meeting if you require special accommodations due to a disability.
Legal Run 8/15/2018