CITY OF OPELIKA
NOTICE OF PLANNING COMMISSION MEETING AND PUBLIC HEARINGS
TO: RESIDENTS AND PROPERTY OWNERS OF THE CITY OF OPELIKA AND ALL
OTHER INTERESTED CITIZENS
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Planning Commission of the City of Opelika, Alabama will hold a regular meeting and will be conducting public hearings on Tuesday, April 24, 2018 at 3:00 p.m. in the Commission Chambers in the Public Works Administrative Building located at 700 Fox Trail, Opelika, Alabama. The purpose of the public hearings is to receive public comment on the following:
1. A public hearing on a request by Blake Rice, authorized representative for William R. Dean and Augustus Baker Dean, III, personal representatives named in will of Caroline
R. Dean, property owner, for preliminary plat approval of the Trillium subdivision, Phase 2 consisting of 100 lots accessed at 800 block India Road, 900 block Rocky Brook Road, and the end of Baton Court.
2. A public hearing on a request by Nathan McBride, authorized representative for Beulah Properties LLC and Gordan A. Moss of Weyerhaeuser, property owner, for preliminary and final plat approval of the Sentinel Hills Expansion, Portion of Lot A43 subdivision consisting of 2 lots accessed at Lee Road 2192.
3. A public hearing on a request by James D. Miller, authorized representative for Joshua C. & Rachel S. Wright, property owners, for preliminary and final plat approval of the Spence-Miller Family Farm subdivision consisting of 2 lots at 9316 Lee Road 146.
4. A public hearing on a request by Mike Maher, authorized representative for Perryman Hill, property owner, for preliminary and final plat approval of the Boulder Ridge, subdivision, 1 st Addition, consisting of 2 lots at Shelton Road (Lee Road 97).
5. A public hearing on a request by Crystal Hines Fuller, property owner, for preliminary and final plat approval of the Beulah Utilities District subdivision consisting of 1 lot at 645 Lee Road 266.
6. A public hearing on a request by Mike Maher, authorized representative for Johnson Owens Pearson and Sufia Sumi, property owners, for preliminary and final plat approval of the Harper Plaza subdivision consisting of 1 lot at 503 Martin Luther King Boulevard.
7. A public hearing on a request by James L. McCrory, authorized representative for Nancy
Plant McLeod Trust and Greg & Molly Wilson, property owners, for preliminary and final plat approval of the McLeod subdivision, 2 nd Revision, consisting of 2 lot at 1107- 1115 Deer Tract Road.
8. A public hearing on a request by Ray Jones, authorized representative for AYM LLC, Add Opelika LLC and PC Real Estate, property owners, for conditional use approval for a storage/warehousing, online sales business at 2550 Pepperell Parkway.
9. A public hearing on a request by Stevens Burleson Properties, LLC, authorized
representative for Sonic Restaurants, Inc., property owner, for conditional use approval for an Express Car Wash business at 1531 2nd Avenue.
10. A public hearing on a request by John Randall Wilson, authorized representative for Mike Hultquist-Ozarkga LLC, property owners, for conditional use approval for an automobile maintenance business (RNR Tire Express) at 3501 Pepperell Parkway.
11. The following additional agenda items are included for review at the April 24 th Planning Commission meeting:
a. A petition from East Alabama Medical Center, the adjacent property owner, requesting the City Council to vacate the south portion of Priester Road. The Planning Commission provides a recommendation to City Council.
b. A request by Race Cannon, property owner, to extend the preliminary plat approval of the Cannon Gate subdivision, Phase II, Redivision of Parcel B, consisting of 63
lots for six months or October 24, 2018.
All interested persons are invited to attend the meeting/public hearings and be heard. Written comments concerning the above matters may be mailed to the Planning Director at 700 Fox
Trail, Opelika, Alabama 36801 at any time prior to the meeting/public hearings and may be further submitted to the Planning Commission at the meeting/public hearings.
The Planning Commission reserves the right to modify or alter any of the proposed
amendments to the Zoning Ordinance and to make its recommendations accordingly to the City Council.
Please contact Lisa McLeod, the City’s ADA Coordinator, at 334-705- 5132 at least two
(2) working days prior to the meeting if you require special accommodations due to a disability.
Legal Run 4/11/2018
CITY OF OPELIKA