CITY OF OPELIKA
NOTICE OF PLANNING COMMISSION MEETING AND PUBLIC HEARINGS
TO: RESIDENTS AND PROPERTY OWNERS OF THE CITY OF OPELIKA AND ALL OTHER INTERESTED CITIZENS
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Planning Commission of the City of Opelika, Alabama will hold a regular meeting and will be conducting public hearings on Tuesday, March 27, 2018 at 3:00 p.m. in the Commission Chambers in the Public Works Administrative Building located at 700 Fox Trail, Opelika, Alabama. The purpose of the public hearings is to receive public comment on the following:
1. A public hearing on a request by Alva T. Webb II, authorized representative for Donald W & Melissa M. Allen, property owner, for preliminary plat approval of the Veterans Commercial Park subdivision consisting of 15 lots accessed at the 200 block of Veterans
2. A public hearing on a request by Mike Maher, authorized representative for Neil D. & Kellie R. Byrd and Stonybrook LLC, property owners, for preliminary and final plat approval of the Stonybrook, Redivision of Lots 50, 51, and 52 subdivision consisting of 3 lots at 3103 and 3101 Stonybrook Circle.
3. A public hearing on a request by Nathan McBride, authorized representative for Gordan A. Moss of Weyerhaeuser, property owner, for preliminary and final plat approval of the Sentinel Hills Expansion, Portion of Lot A43 subdivision consisting of 1 lot accessed at Lee Road 2192.
4. A public hearing on a request by Bolt Engineering, Inc., authorized representative for Jose Gonzalez, property owner, for conditional use approval for outside storage and warehouse for JG Bros Construction, Inc (brick/stone masonry business) at the 2900 block of Wyndham Industrial Drive.
5. A public hearing on a request by Howard J. Porter, Jr., authorized representative for H.J. Porter & Associates, Inc., property owner, for conditional use approval for a canine training facility at 2401 Poplar Street.
6. (a) A public hearing to consider a recommendation to the City Council on the request by Ledge Nettles, authorized representative for W. F. Cook, Jr., property owner, to rezone 16.6 acres located at the 2700 block of Society Hill Road from a R-1 zoning district to a C-2 zoning district.
(b) An agenda item relating to the rezoning request concerning an amendment to the Future Land Use Map for the 16.6 acres at the 2700 block of Society Hill Road from low density residential to light commercial if the Planning Commission votes to send a positive recommendation to the City Council to rezone the property.
All interested persons are invited to attend the meeting/public hearings and be heard. Written comments concerning the above matters may be mailed to the Planning Director at 700 Fox Trail, Opelika, Alabama 36801 at any time prior to the meeting/public hearings and may be further submitted to the Planning Commission at the meeting/public hearings.
The Planning Commission reserves the right to modify or alter any of the proposed
amendments to the Zoning Ordinance and to make its recommendations accordingly to the City Council.
Please contact Lisa McLeod, the City’s ADA Coordinator, at 334-705- 5132 at least two
(2) working days prior to the meeting if you require special accommodations due to a disability.
Legal Run 3/14/2018
CITY OF OPELIKA