BY HANNAH LESTER
The Auburn City Council approved a conditional use approval for a multi-unit development on N. Dean Road.
The project, by Apt Investors-Archco Auburn Owner Llc, was approved by the council in 2020, however, had trouble pulling its building permits. They requested an extension, which was approved, however that extension is up in June 2022.
So Brett Basquin, on behalf of the developer, submitted a new conditional use request to the planning commission, which was recommended for approval, and the council.
The property will be located in the Comprehensive Development District at 1397 N. Dean Road.
The development would include 250 unites, 376 beds on roughly 27.4 acres. This is an increase of two beds since the 2020 application.
– The council approved an alcohol beverage license for The Hotel at Auburn University for special events retail.
– The council gave a commendation to the Auburn High School Track Team, Charlie Sexton on the state championship.
– The council gave a commendation to the Auburn High School Wrestling Team, Erin Clarkson on the state championship.
– The council provided a tax abatement to the Lotte Chemical Alabama Corporation in the Auburn Technology Park North.
– The council approved the Community Development Block Grant 2022 Annual Action Plan.
– The council approved a contract with the Affordable Comfort Cooling Systems and Plumbing for an emergency water line repair at Boykin Community Center for over $18,500.
– The council approved a contract with Aquatic Consulting and Equipment, Inc. for pool chemicals for Samford Pool for over $80,500.
– The council approved a contract with Emergency Lighting by Haynes for vehicle equipment for 13 marked and unmarked police vehicles for over $106,400.
– The council approved a contract with HHB Engineers, P.C. for air conditioning for the Frank Brown Recreation Center and Boykin Community Center for over $55,300.
– The council approved a contract with Hydro-Engineering Services for the Gay Stree and Marion Circle Drainage Study for $30,000.
– The council approved a contract with Kellis Vegetation Management for agricultural spraying for athletic fields for over $53,000 and for cemeteries, parks and facilities for over $72,900.
– The council approved public sewer and sidewalk easements for Drake Landings.
– The council approved board appointments to the Downtown Design Review Committee, the Historic Preservation Committee and the Planning Commission.
– The council approved vacations for property on Rutland Road and on Hillandale Drive.