By Michelle Key
Mayor Gary Fuller presented a memorial resolution honoring former city councilman Clarence Harris, Jr.who passed away last week.
In other business, the council:
• held public hearings for weed abatement assessments and subsequently voted to approve said abatements for the following locations:
- 101 Spring Hill Ave.
- 311 S 3rd St.
• Held a public hearing regarding the Amendment of the Wyndham planned unit development (PUD) Master plan
• approved a change order request regarding residential building demolitions for the inspections department
• approved a resolution for emergency repairs for the WW Pump Truck #882
• approved the Purchase – Uniform Purchase and Rental – Omnia Partners Contract #R-BB-19002 -ADM
• approved the purchase of one (1) godwin cd 150s open unit pump
• approved the purchase of (1) 2019 schwarze hypervac sweeper
• approved a resolution to amend the CDBG Action Plan PY2017 and PY2018 budgets
• approved tax abatement agreements, Golden State Foods and Wells Fargo
• approved a resolution to retain law firms to prosecute anti-trust claims
• approved an employment contract with Guy F. Gunter, III
• approved a resolution authorizing job description for city clerk/treasurer position
• approved a resolution pertaining to the compensation and benefits of the city clerk/treasurer position
• approved a special appropriation to J. W. Darden Foundation for the 8th annual Black Tie Gala
• approved a resolution to cancel contract with Alabama Power, pertaining to the right-of-way vegetation
• approved a special appropriation to the Dream Day Foundation.
• approved an ordinance to amend city code to add Chapter 4.5 Entitled “Art and Culture”
• voted to Amend the Wyndham PUD Master Plan
• approved an ordinance to amend city code Chapter 2, Office of City Clerk/Treasurer
• suspended the rules on two readings and voted to approve ordinances for the GO Warrants, Series 2019 – A and GO Taxable Warrants, Series 2019 – B.
City council meetings are held on the first and third Tuesday nights of every month. The next scheduled meeting will be Jan. 7, 2020 at 7 p.m. Worksessions usually begin between 6 and 6:45 p.m.
Meetings are held at city hall which is located at 214 S. 7th St.