Holds Meeting, Work Session
BY HANNAH LESTER
The Lee County Commission meeting held on Tuesday night had just seven items on its agenda.
– The commission approved the minutes from the Sept. 26, 2022 meeting.
– The commission approved a Medical Bill Services Agreement for the detention center.
– The commission voted to approve guidelines for the Environmental Services Department for the billing responsibilities for the garbage fees.
– The commission approved a resolution in support of Amendments 2 and 7 in the Alabama Constitution related to broadband expansion.
– The commission approved a lease agreement renewal for office space with the city of Smiths Station.
– The commission approved a funding request for the annual Lee County Employee Health and Benefits Fair on Nov. 8.
– The commission approved an off-premise retail beer/table wine license for the Springvilla Grocery.
Following the meeting, the commission went into a work session on outside appropriations for the new fiscal year.