CONTRIBUTED TO THE OBSERVER
LEE COUNTY —
Last Thursday, Sept. 8, the Lee County Association of REALTORS (LCAR) presented Auburn Opelika Habitat for Humanity (AOHFH) with a check to help build more affordable homes in our community. The sponsorship donation kicked off AOHFH’s Capital Campaign Drive.
• Front Row (left side): Dan Hatcher, AOHFH board vice president; Dan Mason, AOHFH board member; MC McCarthy, AOHFH board member
• Back Row (left side): Jonathan Davis, AOHFH board member; Audrey Marshall, AOHFH secretary; Lee McInnis, AOHFH board member
• Front Row (right side): Carole Harrison, LCAR president; Carrie King, LCAR president-elect
• Second Row (right side): Cathy Fincher, LCAR treasurer; Jamie Sergen, LCAR association executive; Jamie Rogers, LCAR director; Karol Kirby, LCAR director
• Third Row (right side): Emmy Sorrells, LCAR secretary; Michelle Smith, LCAR director; Melissa Bruce, LCAR director
• Back Row (right side): Ryan Roberts, LCAR past president
LCAR is consistently the presenting sponsor each year in AOHFH’s fundraising efforts to build more homes, communities and hope. Its consistent sponsorship has helped build Habitat Homes No. 65 through 71 in the past. AOHFH said it appreciates LCAR for its partnership, as it continues to be valuable to the organization. To partner with AOHFH to help sponsor a home, join in the 2022-23 Capital Campaign Drive to help build affordable homes for partner families. AOHFH’s partner families work hard to save a down payment, volunteer 500 hours to work on other homes and their own, complete home ownership and financial classes and make a no-interest mortgage payment, which is recycled to help build more homes. For more details on becoming part of the Capital Campaign Drive, visit auburnopelikahabitat.org.