CITY OF OPELIKA
NOTICE OF PLANNING COMMISSION MEETING AND PUBLIC HEARINGS
TO: RESIDENTS AND PROPERTY OWNERS OF THE CITY OF OPELIKA AND ALL OTHER INTERESTED CITIZENS
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Planning Commission of the City of Opelika, Alabama will hold a regular meeting and will be conducting public hearings on Tuesday, July 26, 2016 at 3:00 p.m. in the Commission Chambers in the Public Works Administrative Building located at 700 Fox Trail, Opelika, Alabama. The purpose of the public hearings is to receive public comment on the following:
1. A public hearing on a request by Barrett-Simpson, Inc., authorized representative for Beulah Properties, LLC, for preliminary and final plat approval of Sentinel Hills subdivision, Phase 2, consisting of 20 lots located or accessed from Lee Road 2192.
2. A public hearing on a request by Joshua L. Howard, authorized representative for Johnny Waldrop, property owner, for preliminary and final plat approval of Waldrop subdivision consisting of 2 lots located at 7739 Lee Road 390.
3. A public hearing on a request by Edgar Hughston, property owner, for preliminary plat approval of Creekstone subdivision, Phase 3, consisting of 58 lots located at 1600 block Creekstone Drive.
4. A final plat approval request by Gregory Dewberry, authorized representative for D. H. McDowell, property owner, for The Reserve at Wyndham Gates subdivision consisting of 58 lots located on Gateway Drive.
5. A final plat approval request by Max Vaughn, authorized representative for Employees Retirement System of Alabama, property owner, of the National Village subdivision, Phase 7D, consisting of 40 lots located at the 2900 block of National Village Parkway.
6. A public hearing on a request from Opelika Custard Realty, LLC, property owner, for a conditional use permit to operate a new restaurant (Freddy’s Frozen Custard & Steakburgers) at the premises located at the 1700 block of Capps Landing.
7. A public hearing on a request from Bolt Engineering Inc., authorized representative for Michael P. Guy, property owner, for a conditional use permit to operate a new Beshears Tractor & Equipment business at the premises located at 1809 Columbus Parkway.
8. A public hearing on a request from Sean Foote, authorized representative for Clay Cardone, property owner, for a conditional use permit to operate a new climate control mini-warehouse facility at the premises located at the 3000 block of Frederick Road.
9. The following “Other Business” item will be discussed by the Planning Commission:
Glynn Smith, Discuss a proposed convenience store with gas/diesel fueling stations at the 1110 block Columbus Parkway located in a C-3, GC zone.
All interested persons are invited to attend the meeting/public hearings and be heard. Written comments concerning the above matters may be mailed to the Planning Director at 700 Fox Trail, Opelika, Alabama 36801 at any time prior to the meeting/public hearings and may be further submitted to the Planning Commission at the meeting/public hearings.
The Planning Commission reserves the right to modify or alter any of the proposed amendments to the Zoning Ordinance and to make its recommendations accordingly to the City Council.
Please contact Lisa McLeod, the City’s ADA Coordinator, at 334-705-5132 at least two (2) working days prior to the meeting if you require special accommodations due to a disability.
Legal run 7/13/16