Community Articles

Apple Cider Is the Perfect Winter Drink 

CONTRIBUTED BY TAKE THEM A MEAL / KELLI NAPOTNIK ALABAMA — There's nothing that says Happy Holidays to me more than the smell of warm spices and a steaming warm mug cupped in my hands. I found this delicious recipe when I was looking for something to make on the stove...

Auburn Public Library to Host Kopper Kettle Presentation, Exhibit

CONTRIBUTED BY THE CITY OF AUBURN AUBURN —  The Auburn Public Library last week announced that it will host Auburn University alumnus James Patterson, who will present "Explosions in My Life" at 4 p.m. on Tuesday, Jan. 17, at the Boykin Community Center, located...

2023 Polar Plunge Set for Jan. 28

CONTRIBUTED BY THE CITY OF AUBURN / BY ELIZABETH KAUFMAN AUBURN —  The 11th annual Auburn Polar Plunge will be held Saturday, Jan. 28, at Samford Pool beginning at 9 a.m. The community is invited to help raise financial support for the brave athletes of the Lee...

Young Farmer Champions from Lee, Morgan, Calhoun Counties Reap Rewards of Hard Work

CONTRIBUTED BY ALFA/MARLEE MOORE  LEE COUNTY — Young Farmers from three Alabama counties left the Alabama Farmers Federation's 101st annual meeting Dec. 5 with extensive prize packages, courtesy of generous sponsors. After an intense Final Four round of competition,...
To Remember and Celebrate

To Remember and Celebrate

By Hannah Lesterhlester@opelikaobserver.com On the two-year anniversary of William Buechner’s death, the Auburn Police Division, the Opelika Police...

read more
Will Beulah see a quarry?

Will Beulah see a quarry?

By Hannah LesterHLester@opelikaobserver.com Will there be a quarry in Beulah? The answer is still up in the air. Over the last several weeks, the...

read more