Courtesy of Alabama Tourism
Alabama Restaurant Week showcases the appreciation our locals and visitors share for Alabama restaurants and their staff. This culinary event unites Alabama’s diverse range of cuisine in a 10-day celebration held Aug. 14-23, 2020, throughout the state. Many of our Alabama restaurants have been severely impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic, so we encourage everyone, both visitors and locals alike, to show their support for Alabama’s restaurants during Alabama Restaurant Week.
Restaurants are the places where we don’t just eat, but often celebrate our most cherished memories. They are there for us on first dates, anniversaries, birthdays, gatherings of family and friends, special occasions, memorable vacations or just in times we needed a little comfort. Over the past several months, they’ve demonstrated significant support for their employees and communities while simultaneously facing operational and financial challenges. Now, more than ever, they need our support. Patrons can show support in a variety of ways.
Many Alabama restaurants have opened their dining rooms to the public with additional precautions in place to keep you and your loved ones safe. However, if you are not comfortable with dining in, we encourage you to take advantage of takeout, curbside pick-up and delivery options so you can continue to satisfy the cravings of some of your favorite dishes. If possible, be sure to order directly from the restaurant, rather than third-party delivery services. This will not only eliminate fees, but it will also allow you to stay up-to-date on any seasonal menu offerings and specials.
The Alabama Tourism Department is encouraging all local destination marketing organizations in the state to join us in promoting Alabama Restaurant Week.
There are several ways help your local restaurants receive extra business through this promotion at no cost to you.
In this year’s promotion, we are encouraging everyone to visit an Alabama restaurant at least twice during the 10-day period by dining in, carrying out or ordering take out. There is no requirement for any restrictions or special requirements for restaurants.
Local DMOs are encouraged to:
1) Contact their local news outlets and remind them of them of Alabama Restaurant Week promotion
2) Link to the Alabama Restaurant Week website www.alabamarestaurantweek.com or create their own.
3) Promote on their social media channels.
4) Encourage all restaurants to make sure they have their location page on our database through Partner Portal partners.alabama.travel so their restaurant will show up on the Alabama Restaurant Week location map. If their restaurant is already listed, make sure information is current. This simple task will ensure their location listing in on our website.
5) Participating restaurants, and their DMO, CVB, Chamber, are more than welcome to download assets from the press kit in our resource center. www.drive.google.com/drive/folders/1h1051i3uMVINdbOT0ijZ1H9fXY_e8M9d
No deed is too small, and every little bit helps. Show your support and appreciation by eating out or taking out often while traveling in the state during Alabama Restaurant Week. Not sure where to start? Check out the 100 Dishes to Eat in Alabama. To learn more about Alabama Restaurant Week, visit alabama.travel/alabama-restaurant-week/.