CITY OF OPELIKA
NOTICE OF PLANNING COMMISSION MEETING AND PUBLIC HEARINGS
TO: RESIDENTS AND PROPERTY OWNERS OF THE CITY OF OPELIKA AND ALL OTHER INTERESTED CITIZENS
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Planning Commission of the City of Opelika, Alabama will hold a regular meeting and will be conducting public hearings on Tuesday, September 25, 2018 at 3:00 p.m. in the Commission Chambers in the Public Works Administrative Building located at 700 Fox Trail, Opelika, Alabama. The purpose of the public hearings is to receive public comment on the following:
1. A public hearing on a request by Hal Hughley, managing member of Hayabb LLC and Anne M. Jensen, property owners, for preliminary and final plat approval of the Orchard View 2nd Addition subdivision consisting of 3 lot at 212 Lee Road 2085.
2. A public hearing on a request by Ledge Nettles, authorized representative for Robert K. Cash and Paul E. Hamby, property owners, for preliminary and final plat approval of the Bobcat Acres Phase 1 subdivision consisting of 3 lots accessed at 8237 Highway 29 North.
3. A public hearing on a request by James D. Miller, authorized representative for Ethel Mae Gibson, property owner, for preliminary and final plat approval of ‘A
Resubdivsion of Parcel B Marcelliar D. Gibson Subdivision’ consisting of 4 lots at
3701 Oak Bowery Road.
4. A public hearing on a request by James L. McCrory, authorized representative for
Willie G. Jackson, property owner, for preliminary and final plat approval of the Lucy
Jackson Third Revision subdivision consisting of 2 lots at 1101 Saugahatchee Lake Road.
5. A public hearing on a request by David Slocum, authorized representative for Fannie Bryant, property owner, for preliminary and final plat approval of the Bryant-Calloway, Redivision of Parcel 1 subdivision consisting of 2 lots accessed at 3706 Oak Bowery Road.
6. A public hearing on a request by David Slocum, authorized representative for Fannie Bryant, property owner, for preliminary plat approval of the Bryant-Calloway Redivision of Parcel 2 subdivision consisting of 5 lots accessed at 3706 Oak Bowery Road.
7. A public hearing on a request by Builders Professional Group, Inc., authorized
representative for Rodger Wendell & Dawn Fleming, property owners, for preliminary plat approval of The Village at Waterford Phase 3 subdivision consisting of 78 lots accessed at Arlee Lane.
8. A request by Dino McDowell, authorized representative for D.H. McDowell Family LLLP, property owner, for final plat approval of The Reserve at Wyndham Gates, Phase 2 subdivision consisting of 85 lots accessed at Gateway Drive.
9. A request by Blake Rice of Barrett-Simpson, Inc., authorized representative for W.S. Newell & Sons, Inc., property owner, for final plat approval of the Towne Lakes Phase 4 subdivision consisting of 85 lots accessed at Towne Lake Parkway.
10. A public hearing to consider a recommendation to the City Council on the request by Lindburgh B. Jackson, authorized representative for Lorraine T. Wilder, property owner, to rezone 11 acres located at 2012 Frederick Road from an R-5 zoning district to a C-2, GC-P zoning district.
11. The following agenda item is included for review as “Other Business” at the September 25th Planning Commission meeting: Dates for November and December Planning Commission Meetings – Combining Work
Session and Regular meeting. Suggestions: Tuesday, November 20th work session &
regular meeting; Tuesday, December 18 th work session & regular meeting.
All interested persons are invited to attend the meeting/public hearings and be heard. Written comments concerning the above matters may be mailed to the Planning Director at 700 Fox Trail, Opelika, Alabama 36801 at any time prior to the meeting/public hearings and may be further submitted to the Planning Commission at the meeting/public hearings.
The Planning Commission reserves the right to modify or alter any of the proposed
amendments to the Zoning Ordinance and to make its recommendations accordingly to the City Council.
Please contact Lisa McLeod, the City’s ADA Coordinator, at 334-705-5132 at least two
(2) working days prior to the meeting if you require special accommodations due to a disability.
Legal Run 9/12/2018
CITY OF OPELIKA