Community Articles

Jere Colley Jr. Announces Bid for Lee County Probate Judge

CONTRIBUTED BY THE OFFICE OF JERE COLLEY LEE COUNTY — Lee County attorney Jere Colley Jr. has announced he will seek the upcoming vacant judgeship for Lee County Probate Judge. “After prayer and discussion with my family, I am excited to offer myself for public...

Fraudulent Employee Retention Credit Claims Generate Compliance Risk for Businesses 

CONTRIBUTED BY TERENCE PECK IRS - CI ATLANTA — The IRS Criminal Investigation (IRS-CI) Atlanta Field Office urges businesses to be wary of promoters stating they can help them facilitate Employee Retention Credit (ERC) claims. The ERC, signed into law March 27, 2020,...

LCAR, AOHFH Kick Off Annual Campaign

On Saturday, July 8, the Lee County Association of REALTORS (LCAR) presented Auburn Opelika Habitat for Humanity (AOHFH) with a $5,000 check to kick off its annual fall Capital Campaign. The Capital Campaign helps AOHFA pursue its mission to bring people together to...

VA Uber Health Connect Now Available

CONTRIBUTED BY CENTRAL ALABAMA VETERANS HEALTH CARE SYSTEM  TUSKEGEE — Veterans are now able to participate in VA Uber Health Connect — an initiative that provides supplemental transportation to eligible veterans needing access to and from medical care. Based on...
Straight From the Headlines

Straight From the Headlines

BY MICHELLE KEY MICHELLE@OPELIKAOBSERVER.COM LEE COUNTY —  It is time to say goodbye to 2022. It has become a tradition for The Observer to...

read more