Community Articles

Lee County Fires Up Cadillac

PHOTOS BY JERRY BALLAS/FOR THE OBSERVER The annual Taste of Lee County and Community Comedy Roast took place at Greater Peace Baptist Church, Saturday, July 22 from 6 to 8:30 p.m. This year's special guest was Auburn University associate head football Coach Carnell...

Auburn Kicks Off ‘Monumental’ Tour of American Sculpture

CONTRIBUTED BY  AUBURN UNIVERSITY  AUBURN —  Entering The Jule Collins Smith Museum of Fine Art at Auburn University, visitors immediately encounter a recognizable and awe-inspiring symbol of American history. Immortalized in plaster, albeit on a...

It Started with Sunflowers: Glory Be Farms

Glory Be Farms was started by Judy Van Dyke.  BY LIVI WELCH FOR THE OBSERVER LEE COUNTY — Nestled on the border between the counties of Lee and Chambers sits a place that gives a new meaning to “small town.” With only 152 residents, Waverly, Alabama, is surely...

Woman Emerge Hosts Its Third Year of The Strength of a Woman Conference

The Strength Of A Woman Conference CONTRIBUTED BY MANDM PUBLIC RELATIONS LAGRANGE, GA — The Christian Social Group Woman Emerge announced its third year of The Strength of a Woman Conference; or more commonly known in local communities as The S.O.W Sista Gathering....
New A.I. Promotes Local Band

New A.I. Promotes Local Band

CONTRIBUTED BYWEBSTER'S WHEEL OPELIKA  — A new A.I. chatbot known as ChatGPT is making moves in the music industry with its creative writing...

read more