Community Articles

Dream Day Foundation Hosts Teen Summit at OHS 

PHOTOS CONTRIBUTED TO THE OBSERVER Creating an atmosphere that will be supportive, inclusive and engaging, the Dream Day Foundation, along with 14 other youth organizations, held its Teen Summit Saturday, July 15. The theme, “Shine Bright Like A Diamond,” placed focus...

Statewide Business Competition Coming to Auburn  Aug. 17

CONTRIBUTED BY THE CITY OF AUBURN AUBURN —  The finale of Alabama Launchpad, a statewide funding competition for startups, will be held in Auburn on Aug. 17 at The Park at Auburn University. Eleven finalists have been selected to participate in the second cycle...

Local Realty Group Earns Prestigious Recognition 

Crawford Willis Group Brokered by eXp Realty recently announced it was the recipient of the presigious ICON award for the fourth year in a row, presented by eXp Realty. The ICON Award is just another incentive through eXp Realty awarding those who work hard by giving...

Opelika Chamber Gives Back to First Reponders

Photos by Jerry Ballas The Opelika Chamber of Commerce hosted a First Responders BBQ at The Farm in Salem, Alabama, on Saturday, July 15. Opelika Fire Chief Shane Boyd (pictured top right) was a good sport in the dunk tank as attendees enjoyed the food and provided...
New A.I. Promotes Local Band

New A.I. Promotes Local Band

CONTRIBUTED BYWEBSTER'S WHEEL OPELIKA  — A new A.I. chatbot known as ChatGPT is making moves in the music industry with its creative writing...

read more