By Morgan Bryce
The Opelika Planning Commission granted a conditional use request for the construction of a new townhouse development during its meeting last Tuesday.
Located at the 3300 block of Pepperell Parkway off Lowndes Street, each unit in the new development will be two stories tall and 1,684 square feet in size, and include a one-car garage and 16×22 driveway. No timetable was given for its completion.
The commission also approved a conditional use request for a development of an automobile sales lot at 305 2nd Ave.
In other action, the commission:
– granted preliminary plat approval for 43 lots in The Springs at Mill Lakes Subdivision, located at the 2800 block of Highway 280
– granted preliminary plat approval and master plan revision for the Cannon Gates Subdivision’s Parcel B and its 63 lots, located on Cannon Gate Drive
– granted preliminary and final plat approval for five lots in the Fletcher-Baldwin Subdivision, located at 1003 Staley St.
– granted preliminary and final plat approval for three lots in the Century Park Subdivision, located at the 1700 block of Century Boulevard
– granted preliminary and final plat approval for five lots in the Wyndham Industrial Boulevard, located on Wyndham Industrial Drive
– withdrew a rezoning request and amendment to the 2030 Comprehensive Plan Map for 3.8 acres of land located at the 1500 block of Spring Drive.